THE “MUST HAVES” FOR THE SIMPLE BABY.
When I found out I was pregnant I started Googling things I would need. I was overwhelmed to the point of tears upon seeing the endless supplies I supposedly needed.
Two things crossed my mind; 1) We live in a small apartment with little space. 2) I despise clutter!
I wanted to have the things we needed but keep it to a bare minimum and keep things as clean, simple, and let’s be honest…chic as possible.
After a bit of research pre-baby and my own experience up to this point, I have narrowed down my favorite essential baby buys.
These also make great gifts! Click to buy!
1) TEEPEE – This teepee is one of my favorite things! Not only does Dexter love to play in it and have a space of his own, it looks cute in the apartment while concealing all the toys. That was huge for me to have a place to put everything without seeing it all the time. It was basically a decorative toy closet!
2) SNUGGLE NEST (for newborns)- We actually received the Snuggle Nest which is a co-sleeper as a gift at our baby shower. This is perfect for small living spaces because it doesn’t take up any extra room.
This thing was the $#*%! As new, paranoid parents we loved having the baby sleep right between us without the fear of rolling over on him.
It made night feedings very easy as well, I never had to get up! This co-sleeper also has vibration and nature sounds which helped me sleep also! Bonus!
3) ROCK N PLAY AUTOROCKER (for newborns)- You have to have this. I repeat: You have to have this!!! This will be your best friend, seriously. We kept this in the living room and Dexter practically lived in it when we were at home.
I had several friends recommend it and boy were they right! There are different versions of the Rock n Play, make sure to get the auto-rocker. It also plays music and nature sounds.
It’s much cheaper than the Mamaroo, and it’s very light, portable and foldable… which is great if you don’t have space to put these things all over your house.
I would stick it in the bathroom while I took a shower, or could easily take it to my parents house and he could sleep in it for hours and hours! Go get it!
4) PHIL AND TED’S POPPY HIGHCHAIR – We have been very happy with this highchair, it’s inexpensive, looks great, it’s easy to clean, and it converts in to a child’s chair. The seat is made of rubber so everything wipes clean! It’s that simple
We discovered this baby bathtub after using a super expensive, ultra fancy sink sitting tub. That became so cumbersome and took up a lot of unnecessary space that we just couldn’t afford to waste.
I also wasn’t comfortable transferring a dripping wet baby across a kitchen floor, it didn’t feel safe. We received the Angelcare bathtub as a baby shower gift and started using it after returning the other tub.
We put the baby tub right in our adult bathtub and Dexter loved it! It’s simple, light and portable, also made of rubber so it’s easy to clean. And it’s only 20 bucks!
5) UPPABABY CRUZ STROLLER – Ok, I know a stroller is a big purchase. It’s quite a commitment to make, you will probably plan to use this for several years…if you get a good one.
We LOVE our Uppababy stroller. We did a TON of research and hands on testing for months to finally decide on The One.
Some people buy multiple strollers for different needs. Since I was limited on space I could only choose one. We found it! The Uppababy is a bit on the pricier side of strollers but it’s perfect.
It’s very durable, it can be walked down city streets and last. It is light and easy to fold/adjust/use.
It has the largest bottom basket great for holding all my shopping goodies. It glides like butter and turns on a dime. It’s pretty!
I Hope you enjoy all these things as much as I have!